Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to school...

I didn't want to write anything about my back to school experience because I thought I would give it some time to marinade before making any formal opinions. It's been 2 and a half weeks now and I can officially say I am getting settled in (I already have 4 IEP's to write!!). I am teaching 2 classes this year Topics 1 and Financial Applications. I am also itinerant for the other 3 periods of the day. While I like the subject matter better in financial applications I am absolutely in love with my Topics 1 class this year. They are such a good group of kids. At first I was a little concerned because they were almost too quiet, but now that they have gotten settled in they are just the perfect amount of talkative. In my previous 2 years I have never had an entire class where all the students would be working when they were supposed to. They are always on task and that makes my job so much fun! Second hour on the other hand...well, that's a whole different can of worms. I have about 3 students who have made it their personal mission to drive me nuts!! All-in-all I like the class, but I am afraid that I have a long road ahead of me with this group. Yesterday for instance, we had a fire drill and all the other classes were standing outside patiently waiting to go back in...Not my kids...they were playing soccer and rock baseball with their binders! Aside from this, I think this is going to be a good year.

No comments: