Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

San Diego - 2009

Matt and I went to San Diego with his family in the beginning of June (I know I am behind) for a long weekend trip to enjoy the beach and to get away from the disgusting heat that plagues AZ. We got just the break we needed. The weather was BEAUTIFUL the entire time (sunny and in the 70's and 80's). Here are some pictures from the trip.Just us at the beach

All of us at the beach

Waiting in line at Hodads - this was a little surfer themed hamburger joint that was on the Food Network show Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. Mike really wanted to try it and I will say that it was pretty good (although I didn't get a hamburger). There was a line that wrapped almost around the building when we were leaving!

Proof!

Us inside Hodads

Mike and Donna at Hodads

Jay at Hodads

The hamburger itself

Us at Crystal Pier...SCARY! There were the cutest little beach houses on the pier though that I would like to go back sometime and stay in, but they would definitely need to be the ones that are over the sandy area!!

Matt was going to wish that he could be big like the movie but then he realized that he already is...oh well.
Shopping day! We made a little stop at Ghirardelli and got some ice cream. Matt was a little concerned about finishing this. Jay helped him out.

On Mission beach. The legs popping out behind Matt's are mine. I dug a hole in the sand so I could lay on my stomach. It was glorious!

On the last day of the trip Matt and Jay went jet skiing. They seemed to have a pretty good time :)

I am a little bummed because I didn't get any pictures of my favorite thing we did...the farmer's market. They had some of the best fruit I have ever tasted in my life! Overall we had a fun trip. It is always nice to get away, even if it is only for a couple of days.

No comments: