Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Never Again...

Just a little update on the Lou situation. As previously mentioned the dog was perfectly behaved and house trained. That is, until we left him alone. The first day was Monday. Matt and I set up a barricade to keep him in the kitchen while we were at work (We weren't sure what he would do and it is just safer to keep him and Katie separated). I would assume it took this dog all of 3 minutes after we left to break out. We came home that day and there was not too much damage. He went after my beloved blanket and ripped a couple of holes in it. I would have been more upset if it wasn't torn up already (from my own wear and tear over the years). He also pooped and shredded some toilet paper. It was pretty safe to say that this was the deciding factor for us. We brought him to the vet to see if he was microchipped. As luck would have it, he was so the vet called the owner. To make a long story short, the person he was registered to was the ex fiance of the person who was supposed to be caring for the dog now. She said she would try to call her ex and let him know. The rest of the night passed by and we still did not hear anything back. Tuesday rolls around and this time we set up a much stronger barricade. While Matt was at work he got a call from the vet and and they told him that the woman was going to come and pick up the dog. We raced home to meet her at 3:30 and as I went to go in the garage door (to the house) it was locked? I walked around to the front door and let the dog out. They seemed very excited to see each other and I was happy for them. We asked her a couple of questions and then said goodbye. We went to walk inside and entered a war zone. The barricades had been completely knocked over, but before he was able to do that he decided it would be a good idea to dig his way through our carpet. My camera was broken so I was not able to take a picture and the carpet has since been replaced, but he pretty much dug a 8 in by 8 in hole in the carpet. To make matters worse, he peed TWICE, pooped, chewed on the corner of the crib, ripped the molding off the door in the laundry room (and locked the door in the process), took everything off the counter in our bathroom and chewed on the wall a little. Matt rarely gets worked up, but he was fuming! It is a good thing the dog was gone before we saw the fury he unleashed on our house. It is also a good thing that the owner came and got him because I could not in good conscience give this dog to anyone else. So that's it. Sorry to all the lost dogs out there. I will continue to help in any way I can, but I will not be bringing you to my house. It's just not going to happen. Thanks Lou! We are glad you enjoyed your stay...Just for the record we have officially decided that Katie is the ONLY dog for us. I can only image what was going through her little head while Lou was destroying everything in sight.

No comments: