Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meeting Amare

This is kind of out of order, but oh well. About a week or 2 before I had Kendyl Matt and I went to the Cardinal's game with our friends Meghan and James. I had never been inside the new stadium so I was excited to see it, but I was a little worried about being 9 months pregnant and having to sit for a long period of time. Not to mention, at this time my feet were swelling up to the size of princess Fiona's (when she was the ogre) as one of my sweet colleagues so kindly pointed out. We got there shortly before the game started so naturally parking was an nightmare. After many failed attempts to find parking in our assigned lot the lot attendants eventually told us to go over to another lot. It is pretty safe to say that we were pretty frustrated at this point. Fortunately, there was plenty of parking in the other lot so we parked and began walking in the stifling heat to the stadium. As we were walking James hears one of the lot attendants say "That's Amare" (referring to a black SUV). Naturally, our interest was piqued! We picked up the pace a little only to see Amare Stoudemire and his family piling out of their car. A few people shouted to him, but overall I was very surprised at the lack of security he had. I mean, he parked in a regular lot (granted he got a front row spot), and just walked into the building like any normal Joe. I told Matt that I wanted to go say hi and get a picture with him. Matt told me to leave him alone, but I didn't listen. We walked right up to him and said hi. We told him we were big fans and we were looking forward to the season. I even told him he had very cute children. I asked if he would mind taking a picture and he said that was fine as long as one of us were in it. (I was 9 months pregnant and sweaty so I had Matt take the picture with him). All in all he was pretty decent, but not very talkative. Then again, I am not so sure I would be either if 2 strangers were bugging me to take pictures. Needless to say, it made the parking fiasco TOTALLY worth it!
As far as the game was concerned, the Cardinals lost to the 49ers, but really, who cares? We met Amare!
Getting out of the car with his kids

Matt and Amare

The halftime show. Pretty neat.

No comments: