Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

San Diego 2010

We decided to take a family vacation this year so we could take Kendyl to see the beach. We were also testing her to see how she would do with traveling since we plan to go to Maryland in October. Kendyl did pretty well until the last 2 nights. Since she was sleeping in our room we had some issues with her waking up in the middle of the night when she saw us. Aside from this she did wonderful! I am somewhat of a drill sergeant about "the schedule" so it was good for me to see that we could throw her off a little bit and everything would still be fine. While we were there we went to the beach a couple of times (Coronado and La Jolla mostly), a farmers market at Ocean Beach, shopping at Seaport Village and walked around Old Town. Overall, it was just nice to get out of the heat. We went out to eat at some of our favorite spots and we tried some new ones as well. My personal favorite were El Indio and Hodads which were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network. Both were super yummy! Here are some pictures from the trip:

This was our first night in SD. We went to the beach on Coronado Island.

So pretty!

We went to a hat store in Seaport Village and had Kendyl try a bunch of hats/glasses on

I probably should have cleaned her face...oh well

I am pretty sure this was Kendyl's favorite thing she did while in SD. She had a blast!

At La Jolla. It was actually pretty cold the first 2 days we were there, but there were no complaints from us. We were loving the cold weather!

Kendyl and Dad

La Jolla. It is not your typical sandy beach but it was so much fun to walk around on the rocks and see all the tide pools with sea creatures! This was probably my favorite thing we did.

These guys came and sang "It's a Small World After All" to Kendyl. She thought they were pretty great! I couldn't even get her to look at me for the picture. Ha ha!

Just walking around Old Town. I LOVE this picture.

Matt and Ben at Hodads. Nice face Ben...

Kendyl at Hodads

Kendyl and Dad at Hodads

The food at Hodads is pretty awesome, but the milkshakes are the best I have ever had! I got the strawberry and Matt got a chocolate malt. So good, but a little too big. We were only able to finish about half of them.

All ready for the beach! I wanted to let her finish her nap so before heading down to the beach with Matt and Ben Kendyl and I went on a walk for about an hour.

On our walk I saw my dream house! Sigh...

At Pizza Bella on our last day. Most babies make a hilarious face when they eat a lemon. Not my kid she thought it was yummy?

This was the view from the balcony. Instead of staying at a hotel we rented a condo which worked really well with having a baby.

The night time view :)

No comments: