Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Maryland!!!

We took Kendyl on her very first trip to Maryland. I was SO excited to go and have her meet all my friends and family, but was definitely nervous to fly a very active one-year-old across the country. Lucky for us Kendyl did excellent! I have always been some what of a drill sergeant with "the schedule," but while we were in MD I kind of had to let that go and have her squeeze in naps whenever it was convenient. Generally speaking she is like clockwork, but she pretty much went with the flow in MD despite the hectic schedule, lots of time in the car and a 3 hour time difference. She had SO much fun playing with all of her cousins. Unfortunately, this is not something she gets to do very often in AZ because we don't have a whole lot of cousins here. It was so nice to have all the extra help with the kids. I would say that I forgot something upstairs and before I could get out the sentence one of the girls was running to go get it. We even got to go out to dinner one night and sit at the adult table while the kids watched Kendyl at the kid table! We also got to see my friend Lindsay's son again. The last time we saw him he was only a couple weeks old. It is incredible how fast kids grow, but he is one cutie pie! My friend Kelli also came by with her son Ryan who we hadn't actually met. Ryan, Kendyl and and flight of stairs do not mix well. We were definitely on our toes the entire time! We really had such a nice trip. I get home sick...a lot so it was really nice just to go and visit with everyone. I wish we could have stayed a little longer :( Thank you so much to Tina and Amy for making some extra space in their houses for us. We had an awesome time hanging out with you all!

Ryan and Kendyl. I have known Lindsay and Kelli since I was in 2nd grade. We ended up having kids within a couple months of each other so it was really fun to get the kids together to play. They look so happy don't they. Ha ha!


I didn't notice this until I was looking through the pictures. This is Ryan making this face...

...and here is Kendyl making a similar face.

The adult table at dinner :)

The kid table at dinner. I love these kids :)

Kendyl and Lauryn. Kendyl seriously loved these girls. They carried her around all night long and she was just loving life!

Kendyl and Hailey

This is my cousin Abby. She asked me to take a picture of her and this is the "pose" she decided on. She is such a little comedian. We were walking down the stairs and she looks at me and says, "It's so nice having people here for 3 and a half days." Another time we were watching the video of when Kendyl was born (Not the actual birth. We didn't record that.) and she looks up and says, "This is going to make me cry." You could seriously write a book of Abby-isms!

Kendyl doing her hand-flip wave.

Kendyl and Jeffery. We met up for lunch and then went to the library to this little play center for the kids. It was really neat. I love this picture of the two of them.


Kendyl's first trip to Jimmie Cone.

Kendyl's last trip to Jimmie Cone :(

Kendyl, Abby and I on our last day in MD.

Kendyl and Abby share the same birthday and my aunt Angelique also has an October birthday so my Aunt Tina had a little birthday party for all of them. Kendyl was not having this picture though. Look at the pitiful little face.


Hope we can come back soon. We had a BLAST!

No comments: