Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Favorite Marriage Memories

Nothing new has been going on lately so I decided that I would compile a list of favorite marriage memories:
1. The honeymoon-Cabo San Lucas in an amazing resort, right on the beach, for an entire week. It just doesn't get any better than that!!! I have told Matt about 300 times that I would pack up and move if I could.










2. The wedding! We had a DJ named Chris Birkett who was by far the best DJ we have ever seen. We just had the BEST time and if it didn't cost so much I would do it all over again.
3. Buying a house and decorating it together. I have waited my entire life to decorate my own house. It was pretty much a year long hobby. Our bedroom is my favorite of the whole.

4. Our first Christmas together. It was so fun to get up and open presents together. Our tree was a hand me down from my parents. Though it wasn't the most beautiful thing you've ever seen it was still exciting to decorate it. (The extra stocking is Katie's).


5. Sunday morning breakfasts. This ritual has been placed on the back burner for the past month or so because I have been on my diet, every Sunday we would get up and make breakfast together. We are definitely going to have to start this one back up.

6. Becoming "Uncle Matt." Matt just loves my nephew Austin. During the summers I babysit him on Monday's and as soon as Matt comes home the two of them just go and play. I think its really cute. This is kind of an old picture, but here he is in Uncle Matt's shoes working in our backyard (before there was grass).
7. Moving in with Katie. We adopted Katie from a friend of ours who took her from an abusive home. This dog is completely neurotic, but she provides Matt and I with so much entertainment. The picture on the left is how we found her one day after vacuuming (she is absolutely terrified of the vacuum...only one of her neuroticisms). The one on the right is her trying to cram as many toys into her mouth as possible. I have never seen a dog love toys as much as this one. She has her own toy box and Matt and I have to pick up at least 10 toys a day. Its like having a child!

8. Sitting on the back porch. Matt and I love sitting out on the back porch and just talking. Even in the summers our porch stays pretty cool and shaded so its a nice peaceful place to just sit an talk. When we first got our sprinklers put in Matt would make us sit out there at 5 when they would turn on. I swear you would have thought it was the fountain at the Bellagio. Needless to say it has become even more fun once we got grass. Its not the best grass in the world, but its better than dirt and weeds!

9. "Loosing" my wedding ring. I have a really bad habit of taking my rings off and leaving them in random places. One night when I was doing homework I put them on the desk. When I went to put them back on my wedding band was missing! I immediately broke into tears and frantically searched the house. After an hour of searching and not being able to find it I became worried that Katie had eaten it (Lets just say I was not in a right frame of mind, plus I had seen her eat strange things before). Here's the best part...I actually asked Matt to go look at her poop! Being the amazing husband that he is, and not wanting to argue with me when I was crying...he did it!! If that's not love I don't know what is. The next day after work I came home and found it wedged into a pad of paper...on the computer desk. I have yet to live this one down :)
10. My birthday. On my first birthday as a married woman I woke up to a kitchen decked out with birthday decorations. I guess Matt woke up in the middle of the night and blew up several balloons, taped these spiral things to the ceiling and hung up a happy birthday banner...all in the dark! Apparently Katie started barking, but I slept through the entire thing. (I am sad that I don't have a picture of it, but it was very sweet!).
11. Carpooling. I work at Gilbert High and Matt works at the post office right down the street so we are able to carpool. Aside from having to listen to 98 KUPD every morning I really love having this time with Matt.

12. Chores. Before we got married, Matt's mom had me so afraid that Matt was not going to do any chores. It turns out that he probably does more than I do. Aside from the bathrooms and laundry (because I wont let him touch it) he will do mostly everything else. I am not proud of this, but I have never vacuumed the house once because he always does it! I love a man who is domestically able.

13. So You Think You Can Dance. The past 2 summers I have gotten Matt to watch every episode with me and he doesn't even whine. In fact, he joins me in picking favorites and critiquing dances. I love this show and I love that my husband will watch it with me. This picture is from last season (I couldn't find one from this season).
14. Suns games. Matt is an absolute sports fanatic! Since being married (and even a little before) I have become quite the avid Suns fan. I really enjoy watching games with him...even though they cant seem to get a title. Here is quite possibly my favorite Sun's moment ever.


15. The little things that you can only learn about someone once you live with them. For instance, Matt sings in the shower when he is in a really good mood, he has to have music on when he cleans, or he hates when people leave their shoes around the house ;)

No comments: