Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 21, 2008

Good News and Kind of Bad News

Bad news first. I made a bet with Matt a few years back. When gas prices started increasing about 3 years ago and we crossed the whopping $2 mark I said to Matt, "I bet we never see gas below $2 for the rest of our lives." This past summer I thought that I had won for sure! (For those of you who have forgotten we reached over $4 a gallon). Don't get me wrong; I was not happy that I was winning because it was costing a fortune, but a win is a win. I should probably mention one stupid thing on my end though before I keep gloating about my now shot confidence. I realized after making this bet that I would never actually be able to win. You see, I made the timeline until the end of our lives. What good is a bet if you win when you die? I know. Stupid. Well, either way, I officially lost yesterday...

It's too bad that neither one of us remember the conditions...This was on the corner of Lindsay and Baseline. It's a beautiful sight isn't it. Anyway, that is why it's only kind of bad news.

Now onto the good news...I am done with my Rio Salado certification program! WAHOO!!! :) I took my last final last weekend and it feels amazing! I am so ready to have my life back. All the countless, mind-numbing hours in front of the computer doing useless homework assignments are over. I will now have time to work on some projects that I have been putting off: learning how to tile and putting up a back splash in the kitchen, putting up wainscoting and painting in our bathroom, helping Char set up a blog, reuniting with friends that I have neglected the past 2 years (Saturday morning phone conversations are back on Meghan!), you name it. Watch out world Nikki is back :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki, I love the look of your blog, it's beautiful! congratulations on being done! and good luck on the projects you plan to do! those sound pretty cool...i always have so much i want to do too!

that's the gas station near my house. i truly thought we would never ever (ever ever ever) see gas prices that low again....i wonder how long they will stay that way.

i want to paint my bathroom too....i need to stop thinking about it and just do it already!

oh btw, i replied to one of your comments on my blog, but the comment isnt appearing...i think maybe it will later though, but basically all i was saying is that we would love to meet up with you and Matt and take pics....it would be SO MUCH FUN!!! :)

Char said...

I see my name here...so cool!