Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Us!

Matt and I both have birthday's in September and for the sake of saving time I am going to post about them in one post. Mine was first (the 17th of September). It was on a Thursday this year so we didn't do a whole lot on the actual day, but Matt did give me my present...So You Think You Can Dance (Season 4) on DVD. I LOVED it!! On Saturday we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Claim Jumpers. It was DELISH! On the way home we stopped at Bahama Bucks, one of my other favorite places. We came home and my plan was to do nothing for the rest of the night. (Going places is just not fun when you are 9 months pregnant). Well...as I was getting out of the car I see a man in my kitchen! The man proceeded to walk up to the window and peek out the blinds. It was at this time that I realized that man was my dad? Still very confused we walked up to the door and I notice the lights turn out. Maybe it's the pregnancy brain, but nothing was registering. We opened the door and Matt had arranged for a little surprise party for me. Nothing too big. It was just my dad, uncle (who was in town from MD), sister, brother, brother in law, best friend and her husband. Never one to miss a football game, my dad ended up turning on the Texas vs Texas Tech game (so what I wanted to watch...). Overall it was a fun night and I enjoyed spending time with family and friends. The best part of it all was that Matt was able to hide it from me. I ALWAYS find out what he is getting for me or guess what he is going to do and completely by accident. Nice work Matt :)
The 28th was Matt's birthday. Since it was a Monday we didn't do too much, but we made sure to stop at Oregano's on the way home to get his new favorite meal, beef salad. That weekend we ended up doing a whole bunch of work on the baby's room, but that is a whole other story. While I realize that Matt's actual birthday was not that exciting he did get something that he really wanted (it was just a couple of weeks early). He has been talking about getting the Beatles Rock Band set since he found out about it. Well we were in Best Buy one night and the salesman told Matt about this deal they were offering where you could get Rock Band 2 for $100 and then still get the Beatles game for about $50-60 (apparently the Beatles set costs $150 and this was we could get 2 games and the equipment). Matt was SOLD! Needless to say, that was his birthday gift this year...oh and I am carrying his child ;) We haven't gotten the Beatles game yet, but we have had some serious Rock Band parties with several friends and family (I have pictures, but swore that I would never post them). Here's Matt opening his gift.

Like a kid in a candy store!
His "rocking out" pose...What a stud ;)

No comments: