Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

What's Going On...

Since my last post we went to Kendyl's 1 month doctor visit. I am happy to report that she is doing very well. She now weighs 10 lbs 6oz (95th percentile). Because of her jaundice we had to bring her in when she was only a couple of days old and that appointment she only weighed 7lbs 14oz so the little girl has been downing some serious milk! She is also 21.75 in long up from 20.5in when she was born (which puts her in the 75th percentile). From the looks of it she will be taking after her dad in the size department, but then again these numbers can change. This whole parenting thing is getting better all the time. Perhaps this is because we are actually getting sleep? There was one night where she was up from 12:00 to 4:00 and since then I have been a drill sergeant about getting her on a schedule. For the past week it has worked and she seems to be maintaining it...at least for now. During the day I am able to keep her awake by putting her in her crib when she starts to fall asleep (I miss letting her curl up on my chest to sleep, but I know I will never make it once I go back to work unless I am getting some sleep). If she is tired enough she will just sleep otherwise this is enough to wake her back up. Doing this is getting her used to sleeping in her crib and it is also helping her to sleep more at night time. We have also found that giving her a bath and a good feeding at night helps. She is not sleeping through the night yet because she still needs to be fed, but she is sleeping for about 3-4 hours at a time which I am LOVING! She continues to develop more personality all the time. We are definitely able to get more smiles out of her now. Yesterday I put a mirror in front of her face and she just lit up! She started kicking her little legs and smiling from ear to ear. It was so stinkin' cute! I would hate to jinx it, but she is really such a good natured little baby. She pretty much cries when she has a reason and rarely gets fussy. I am loving staying at home with her and as much as I love my job it is going to be hard to go back and leave her all day.

Poor baby was tired after a night of keeping mom up

Chilling out in her boppy

Meeting Kaeden for the first time. He is the son of my friends Heidi and Scott from work. They are 2 days apart. He was such a little snuggler and I loved it :)

Going in for a hug

Beautiful girl :)

Happy girl

Still working on the smile

Kendyl with her favorite cousin (he is also her only cousin). I love how she is looking at him.

This is Kendyl on the day we took her home from the hospital...

and this is her now. Look how much she has filled out her pj's.

I love the dimple on her right cheek :)

"Watching" the game with Dad. Go Suns!

There is a mirror on the back of this toy. Apparently she likes what she sees?

1 comment:

Ben said...

I LOVE that last picture, it's fantastic.