Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

One Month!

Today Kendyl turns 1 month old and it has been such an interesting month. It really is crazy how fast time flies! In this past week she has accomplished so many things. She is getting much more control over her hands, every once in a while she will manage to get her thumb in her mouth which makes her very happy. She is smiling a lot more and of course this makes Matt and I super excited. She is getting a little better with holding her head up and is developing more personality all the time. Today she took her first official nap (longer than 10 minutes) in her crib. Matt and I are hoping she will warm up to the idea of sleeping in there so we can reclaim our bedroom. She is growing like a weed. I am not exactly sure how much weight she has gained, but I would guess she has to be in the 10 lb range now. When we first got her home hardly any of her clothes fit her and now she has started to grow out of some of them. She is even on to size 1 diapers! The sleeping schedule comes and goes. There are nights where she sleeps like a champ and there are nights she wants no part of it. She is pretty consistent with waking every 3-4 hours to be fed. The problem is that sometimes after a middle of the night feeding she does not want to go back to bed. Fortunately, she is not fussy, she just wants to stay awake. All in all I would have to say she is a really good baby. She is a good eater and a good sleeper (even if sometimes it's not at night). She does well with baths and even diaper changes (most of the time). This mom stuff is hard. I am not going to lie, but I think I am getting the hang of it. It definitely beats being pregnant :)

Some of the things that Matt and I want to remember from this month are:
-When she gives fish kisses (she is looking for food and kind of misses the mark)
-Her many noises: night terror noise, pacifier cry noise, the noise she makes when she tries to stop crying, and of course her farts-yeah, they are pretty loud! Matt is proud...me...not so much
-Nap times with Mom and Dad. She loves to snuggle :)
-The last feed before we go to bed. I seriously love this time I have with her. It almost makes me cry sometimes.
-Her sweet smiles

Here are a few pictures of the little miss.

Getting ready for bed

This is how I left her...

This is what I came back to 2 seconds later...Oops :(

She looks so small

She LOVES her Boppy!

All dressed and ready to go...with a smile too :)

Sleepy girl

Happy Halloween!

I couldn't decide which one I liked better so I posted them both.

2 comments:

The Holmes' said...

How sweet! I know what you mean about that "quiet time" when you feed her before bed...I love that too! It's the most precious time really:) She is such cutie and looks a lot like you! I can see Courtney too...Weird, but I really can:) And tell her I said Happy one month Birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Your baby is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. She is looks like her father.

Love sonal ( from India)