Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Kendyl's First Christmas!

While it was just another day for Kendyl, it was super exciting for Matt and I this year to have our sweet baby girl in tow. Ever since Matt and I started talking about having kids we both have said how we couldn't wait for Christmases with them. As always, it was definitely a hectic day, but fun nonetheless. We started our morning opening presents at home. Ever since Matt and I got married we have opened presents in bed on Christmas morning. I think it is just our way of staying in bed a little longer before beginning the "rat race." We figured it was ok to do it one more year since Kendyl had no idea anyway. This year we went pretty light on presents for Kendyl. Matt got her a toy for her crib and a Disney princess "I Spy" book. Being the more practical one I got her some pj's from Old Navy because she has been rapidly growing out of her 3 month ones. I also got Matt a bunch of Disney movies so he could watch them with Kendyl which brings our total (of Disney movies) to 12. Lastly, Matt got me a necklace that had an opal (Kendyl's birthstone) in the middle with sapphires (our birtstone) around it.

Opening Dad's present.



In keeping with AZ tradition we then headed to my dad's for a late breakfast . I made my mom's famous monkey bread and they were gobbled up almost instantly. We had 3 dogs there (my dad's, my brother's and our's) so things were a little chaotic. We exchanged gifts and hung out for a bit before heading to the next house.

After my dad's we stopped over at the Wofford's (Matt's mom's side of the family) for a little while. They had a nice lunch and then we just spent some time visiting. They started playing a game of Left Right Center, but Matt and I couldn't stay because we still had my mom's house to get to. Christmas at my mom and Scott's was definitely unique this year. On December 23rd my mom found out that there was a good chance that she had lung cancer (which is weird because she has never smoked). Naturally, this made for a slightly depressing day, but my siblings and I were determined to make the best of it. We all had been struggling with the idea of our mom having cancer so we just wanted to take our minds off of it and just thoroughly enjoy each others company. Since then, we have learned the masses that were showing up are not cancer, but we are still not 100% sure what they are. At this point the doctor is suggesting Valley Fever or left over pneumonia from 2 months ago. That aside, we had a really fun night that was much needed at the time.My nephew Austin LOVES music so naturally he loves my I-pod. When I found an MP3 player for $20 at Fry's marketplace (that looked just like an I-Pod) I knew I had to get it for him. I realize that he is only 5 years old and will probably break it, but that is why we only spent $20 on it. We downloaded his Phineaus and Ferb CD along with a bunch of Michael Jackson (his FAVORITE!) and Beatles songs on it.

Playing Hungry Hungry Hippos

Granny and Kendyl

The Crooke kids

Just being dorks. We are doing a "fist pound."

Since we have officially run out of time on Christmas day we decided this year to celebrate with Matt's parents on Sunday the 27th. Stupid me forgot to take pictures so instead I have decided to post the family pictures that Matt's cousin took at Thanksgiving.

I love how Katie is looking right at the camera in this one.

Grandma and Kendyl.

Matt and Jay

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. As always our parents spoiled us way too much, but the best gifts of all would definitely have to be the little miss and finding out that my mom does not have cancer :) I hope everyone else had a nice Christmas as well!

1 comment:

The Holmes' said...

I have been looking just about everyday for an update!! I am so glad to see that you guys had a great Christmas with Kendyl! I am happy to hear about your mom not having cancer too. Keep the updates coming!! I love them!