Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Little Problem...

Anyone who knows us knows just how much we adore Katie. Though undeniably neurotic, she is the perfect loyal companion, and she provides us with hours of entertainment. Since moving in with her I have come to notice a compulsive problem that she has. It's called, leaving toys all around the house. At first, I found this to be endearing, but after 2 years, my patience has been worn thin. Katie's toys are her most prized possession. We even gave her her very own little toy box to contain them all, even though 99.9% of the time they are not even in here anyway... So one night, I got fed up and decided to count how many toys she had spread out throughout the ENTIRE house. I counted 12!!! That's right 12 toys!!!
WHY? I just don't get it! The second we go and put them away she will go over to her toybox, pull out all of the toys until she finds the "right" one. I am not sure what constitutes her toy selection at any given moment, but it is a very careful process. It is almost as if she cannot relax until she has a certain amount of toys out. It is driving me crazy! There are 3 in the room that I am in right now...and where is Katie? In the family room. She is not even playing with them. This picture is priceless! After rounding up her toys I sat in the family room to make sure she wasn't going to go and get them back out. Look at the pain that is on her face! Don't feel too bad. Not 2 minutes after leaving the room she pulled them right back out. I guess she is just preparing us for having children right?

No comments: