Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break!

I realize that spring break was a long time ago, but I have been negligent with blogging lately and I have decided to get caught up tonight (This is code for I don't want to lesson plan for my 2nd hour tomorrow). I had a nice week off. I was able to get a lot of house chores done as well as some relaxation. I had big plans for sleeping in and taking naps everyday, but that never happened :( We did have some fun little visitors though. One of my cousins from MD had a school project where she had to send Flat Stanley to visit. I guess they read a story in class where Stanley got flattened and sent through the mail so the class was sending him out as well to see how many places he could travel. Cute right? Well Stanley had a blast enjoying the beautiful spring weather. On his last day visiting I recruited Austin to provide some assistance with taking Flat Stanley to the park. I am pretty sure they had a good time.

On a side note...this was the first time that I had seen Austin since finding out I was pregnant. He was too funny! He had the craziest questions! Everywhere we went he asked if the baby was coming with me. I told him that the baby was pretty much going to go everywhere with me for the next couple of months. My favorite question was:
"How is the baby going to come out? Is it going to come out of your mouth?"
My answer: "Yes"
Apparently he was not satisfied with this explanation so he considered other alternatives:
"Is your stomach going to explode and the baby will come out?"
This time I just looked at Austin with wide eyes and said..."I'm scared." Feeling bad, he reassured me that my stomach wouldn't actually explode...Little does he know.
At one point throughout the day he put his blanket in his stomach to look like mine (thanks bud!)

Later that same day we decided to take Katie to the dog park. This was technically her 2nd time since we had taken her the Sunday before, but we thought Austin would have fun with the dogs. Just for the record, Katie LOVED it. Unfortunately, this experience definitely showed us what an only dog Katie is. She is pretty much a total loner. She just runs around growling at the other dogs as they pass. She gets especially irritated when they chase her around while sniffing her butt! Who can blame her though right? She really likes just walking around in the water. I don't think she realizes that she can swim...Scoping out the scene. She probably growled at that dog later. Enjoying the cold water. Though she did end up sitting in it she never attempted the full swim...one day...Austin had to have his fun too...He was very proud that he climbed this all by himself (hence the thumbs up)!
This was Katie on the way home...POOPED!! We pretty much didn't hear from her for the rest of the night. Growling at 72 other dogs sure takes it out of you!

No comments: