Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

YAY for me!!!

So I have been taking classes through Rio Salado for almost 2 years now for my special education certification (my degree is in psychology). Well I am at the end of the road with Rio and am currently taking my last class!! I can not tell you how excited I am to be done (at least for a little while). Anyways, without getting in to the boring details, I needed to take and pass 2 AEPA tests in addition to getting 48 credit hours. (Giant waste of time; let me tell you). The first of the 2 tests I took and passed back when I started the TIR (teacher in residence) program. The second I was not able to take until year two. I took what I thought was the correct test this summer (secondary professional knowledge since I teach secondary special education) only to find out from the horrible woman at Rio that I was supposed to take the elementary and that there was no point in taking the secondary...I think it goes without saying that I was livid! Especially since I called both the people at AEPA (who knew NOTHING) and AZ Department of Education (who I sat on hold with for half an hour before hanging up). Then I called a friend who just took the professional knowledge test and she told me she took secondary which just made sense. Then again, that's not how ADE likes to do things!!! Oh, and just another tid bit that I forgot to mention...these tests cost $115 a pop and take about 3-4 hours of your Saturday. So, here I am thinking I am ahead of that game. I have taken and passed both tests and BAM I have to sign up for one for a grade level that I NEVER plan on teaching! Angry as I have ever been, I log on and sign up for the next available test which as luck would have it was on the weekend of my birthday! Just lovely! Another side note: this is the last possible test that I can take to get my results in time for my certification. I was pretty much in the position where I had to pass. Well, I took the stupid test and today (a month later) I found out I passed!!! **SIGH** It was no necessarily that the test was hard. Rather, it was that I had not idea what I was going to do if I didn't pass since I need to be done with everything by November. Well, worry no more! I am on my way to full certification!!

No comments: