Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

26 Weeks!

I am about 2 days shy of my 27th week right now which puts me in my 7th (ish) month. Things have been going pretty well lately with the exception of the 115 degree heat. I have done the math and I am convinced that it is 8 degrees hotter for a pregnant woman so 115 feels like 123 for me. Yuck! So anyway here are the updates:
I went in for my routine doctor visit around my 24th week. Unfortunately, my levels of glucose were slightly higher than they should have been (stupid Peanut Butter crunch!). The doctor told me that she was going to move the glucose test up, that she wanted to see me again in 2 weeks, and I needed to get another ultrasound (yay!). Just for the record I will say that the drink was not as bad as everyone said it was going to be. It tasted like carbonated, concentrated Tang to me. Anyway, long story short, the test results came back normal which means 2 VERY good things...I wouldn't have to get the 3 hour glucose test done (where they stab you 4 times!), and I am officially DONE with bloodwork!!! (Up next...the IV...I better start preparing now).
The ultrasound was pretty quick since they were just measuring the growth of the baby. Apparently, "little" Kendyl is not so little! She is in the 91st percentile! I guess she is going to take after her dad after all? They told me that she was about 2 lbs 6oz already. She likes to throw her weight around too. I get to feel it all day long...Unfortunately, I am the only one who gets to feel her move because every time Matt tries to feel it she stops! Maybe he will have to be the one to get up in the middle of the night and calm her down?! Hmmm...
So here I am at 26 weeks:No progress has been made on her room though we did go out and buy the materials. I will post pictures as we make progress (hopefully it will be sooner than later...). 94 days left...

1 comment:

The Holmes' said...

I agree with you and the drink-it was not THAT bad. I am glad everything is going well for you and I definitely do not miss the heat! I was lucky and didn't have to deal with it for as long as you do...sorry, but good luck with that! lol I am sure you have heard this, but it is ALL worth it! It was the most amazing experience anyone could go through! And thank you for your comment too! :)