Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Time Fun!

My last summer break without Kendyl is coming to a close. While I am slightly sad that it is over I am also very excited to start a new school year. Here is a recap of some of the best that summer has to offer.

Things I will miss:
1. Being able to sleep in past 5a.m.

2. Not getting ready most days out of the week (I probably did my hair and make-up less than 15 times this summer). This also includes being able to wear "comfy clothes"

3. Having extra time to do whatever I want

4. Going to lunch with friends

5. So You Think You Can Dance!! (The finale is next week, but it will be back in the fall :)

6. Summer storms (yes, there was only 1, but it was GREAT!)

7. Being available to help friends and family by babysitting for them (Austin and I got a lot of quality time this summer. I will add pictures below)
8. Staying up late (11 is late right?)

9. Random visits from people (mostly Danielle)

10. Vacations

11. Grocery shopping in t
he middle of the day on a weekday (no lines!)

Things I will NOT miss:

1. The HEAT!!! (I realize it is not over yet, but we have made it through the worst of it)

2. Being pregnant in the heat

3. Being a prisoner to air conditioning because of the heat

4. Summer time SRP bills

5. Feeling bad about not doing more with all the extra time I have (every year I say I want to start cooking more and it never seems to happen...probably because its too hot)

6. Being home all day while Matt is at work - I miss him :(

7. Baseball (stupidest sport EVER! and Matt seems to want to watch it all the time)


Here are some pictures of summer happenings...they are mostly Austin:
Playing director (or something)

Cooling off with some Gelato...YUM!

He came up with this one completely on his own through no influence of Aunt Nikki ;)

There are no free rides at Aunt Nikki's. He also "helped" me paint Kendyl's room.

The one thunderstorm this summer. It was GLORIOUS!! Matt and I sat out on the patio and watched it...until the thunder and lightning got a little too close for comfort.

2009-2010 school year here I come :)

No comments: