Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Goodbye Annie

I was one of those teenagers who wanted to drive the second she turned 16. Lucky for me, my step-dad's step-dad was selling his '93 Honda Civic right around the time I was getting my permit. The car only had 25,000 miles on it and was in great shape. It was PERFECT! Before I actually had my permit I would just go and sit in it anticipating the day I could actually drive it. The memories in that car are endless: I actually learned how to drive in that car (which made for some pretty entertaining experiences). I took my driver's test. I went on my first date with Matt, had a water balloon fight with Ben, Matt and Dan while driving (Matt and Dan were in his truck...looking back, no it was not such a good idea), and had my first fender bender (neighbors stupid car jumped out of nowhere). Annie was AMAZING on gas and has had relatively few problems over the years. I actually drove her until about a year and a half ago when we bought my Jetta. While I love my new car, Annie will always have a special place in my heart. Matt and I decided to use Annie as Matt's mail car (no not all mail carriers get the jeeps to deliver in) after buying the Jetta. Anyway, Matt finally got a mail car which means that it is time to say goodbye to Annie. It's been fun. Thanks for all the happy memories 870 eggs (remember Ben?). I am sure she will enjoy her new home at Matt's uncles.

Here I am driving for the first time by myself. I was going to school. I don't think I have ever been so happy to go to school...ever!!

1 comment:

Ben said...

870 EGZ. Not "eggs". There's not enough room on an Arizona license plate for 3 numbers, a dash, and then 4 letters. Obviously you don't care about me at all.