Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11...A Day that Can Not be Forgotten

It has been 7 years since my country came under attack by the way of ignorant, ruthless, and cowardly murderers. It seems that as each year passes, people (and especially my students) care less and less. This day is single-handedly to blame for the 2 years I spent worrying each and every day about my step-dad who was serving our country in Iraq. This day single-handedly claimed almost 3,000 lives of innocent people. Since this day has there have been deaths of another 2,000+ soldiers, and hundreds of thousands of troops who are STILL overseas fighting for our country. For the life of me, I can not understand how anyone can not care about this day and the impact it has had on all of our lives.
On this day I would like to remember the victims in the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the passengers on Flight 11, 175, 77, and 93. The troops who have served, and the troops who are currently overseas, the families of solders who are living without their loved ones, the many firefighters who gave their lives to save another and the children who will grow up without knowing their parent because of this day.


God bless America. Land that I love...


No comments: