Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Recent Events...

It has been such a busy week. I'll start with Saturday...

Meghan's mom (Cindy) and I teamed up to throw Meghan a bridal shower. There was quite a turn-out! The theme was foods you can dip (chips and toquitos with salsa and con queso dip) and a large array of sweets that could be dipped in chocolate. Here are some pictures of the food.




At some point I will have to post the recipe for the con queso dip (yum!). I got it from my friend Sherry at work. I am convinced she was a gourmet chef in a past life.

Anyways, back to the important stuff. It was nice to see some people that I hadn't seen in a long time. There was a bit of a Gilbert High School reunion. From left to right; Courtney Mehlhouse (VanHorne), Nikki Kealy, Meghan Allen, me, and my sister Courtney Crooke. Its kind of funny because there are 2 sets of Nikki and Courtney's...seriously Meghan, get some new friends...with different names!


On to Sunday...

We went to see Meghan and James' house which is a beautiful home. They are very lucky to be able to get such a nice home right out of the gate. That night though my foot did the weirdest thing. Around 11 it started Charley horsing. It pretty much went on for the rest of the night. I was in so much pain that I was only able to get an hour of sleep. I finally gave up and went to Wal-Mart at 2:30 in the morning to buy a heating pad...I thought it would help, but it didn't. Turns out, stupid me drank hardly and water and my foot was reacting to dehydration. Yay for H2O. Anyways, Monday pretty much sucked. It is really hard to teach when you are delirious. I'm pretty sure my students thought I threw a few back before work that morning.

Wednesday was my youngest sister's 17th birthday. Danielle makes me laugh, maybe its because she is the youngest, but she acts more like she is 25 than 17. Either way she is a pretty cool kid. Happy birthday Danielle!

No comments: