Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend!

3-day weekends are my favorite! I especially like them because that means that Matt will get off 2 days in a row!! We pretty much kept it low key, but it was nice none-the-less. Saturday night we went out to dinner at our favorite Chinese place Iron Chef. It was very yummy and we got to see the cashier fight with another customer (I guess he was offended that she was working in a spaghetti strap shirt?). It was like dinner and a show all in one! After that we went to World Market because they were so kind as to give me a $20 gift card for my birthday! Last year during spring break I painted our guest bathroom blue and ever since I have been eyeing these towel hooks that would go perfectly. So I took my coupon in there and I bought them...for $0.57! Thanks World Market ;) (They are not hung up yet, but you get the idea).


Once we were done with that, we decided were were in the mood to roam around Target (just like the old days). There is a Starbucks in the one by our house so I suggested that we go use some gift cards that I had gotten from work (last year...we are just not big coffee drinkers). They had a strawberry and cheese piece of cake that looked pretty awesome, and since it was my cheat night I figured I would indulge. The Starbucks guy gave it to us for free because he was just going to throw them away! What a night! I told Matt we should go get some lottery tickets.


Sunday we got up and went to church in Scottsdale with Matt's family. We had a nice visit. We don't get to see Matt's grandparents too often because they live so far. Even though our birthdays are a couple of weeks away (mine on the 17th and Matt's on the 28th) we went ahead and celebrated them because we probably wont be back out there again for a while. Matt got the usual socks, underwear and money and I got pajamas and money. Typical grandma huh? After church we went to visit my parents. Again, we had a nice time visiting. We pretty much just sat around and talked, but I like do that so it was fun. When we came home we found out that our friends Meghan and James were finally buying a house. They have been searching for FOREVER! I am really happy for them. We also found out that we were going to be able to go to MD in October!!!! It has been so long since I have been home. I can not wait...Matt's brother Jay is also coming with us. He has never been back to the east coast so I am really excited to bring him along. I am sure I will be writing more on this later.


Monday we woke up and cleaned (and I mean cleaned) our house. It was much needed. Since school has started I just don't have the time to keep up on these things. It felt really good to have it done. I wonder why we don't do it more often because every time we clean I am in such a good mood afterward? Later that night, our friend Ben came over (the person who is responsible for introducing Matt and I). This picture is actually from our wedding, but its nice to have a face to go with the name. We had a nice visit. He actually just had a game released on Xbox live that he did a lot of the artwork for called Shred Nebula http://shrednebula.com/index.html. He did all the background scenery, which in my opinion is the best part...no, I am not being biased! We are so happy for him! He has worked so hard to achieve a dream and its so cool to watch it come true. My sister and nephew ended up coming over too because they wanted to see "Uncle" Ben too. It was a late night but we had a good time and laughed a lot (at least I did, Ben is pretty much one of the funniest people I know).


So that pretty much wraps up the weekend. I just have one more thing to add...Tuesday after work we went and bought this:

Matt and I are hooked on this show! We have only seen one or two episodes on tv so we had no idea what had happened since Pam and Jim decided to go on a "date" at the end of season 3. We were not disappointed! I will say however, that I get a different vibe from season 4 than I do the other seasons. There is a lot more drama! Before the humor was so simple...I mean jokes about "gaydar" and putting Dwight's stuff in Jell-o. Now, Dwight is all depressed so Jim and Pam can't be as relentless as they were before. I miss it a little bit. We have only watched the first couple episodes so well see how the season unfolds.

No comments: