Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy "Bithday"

Well I am officially 24. Honestly, it doesn't feel any different, but in some weird way I feel like I am an adult now. Apparently 24 is the "crossing over" age. I had a nice birthday. Matt in his impatient nature made me open up presents in the car on the way to work (he was driving)...this was after he tried a hundred times to make me open them up the night before. He got me the Justin Timberlake CD (that's right! I brought sexy back the whole way to work), Rob and Big Seasons 1 and 2 (bit of a guilty pleasure), Prancer Returns (which was supposed to be the original Prancer, the new one is on its way), and his big present was a picture book that he made on snapfish.com. Without ever meaning to I always ruin the fun by finding out what my presents are before the actual day and this year was no different. Matt specifically told me to not check my e-mail since all the things he ordered he did with my accounts. Stupid me forgot and checked it anyway. Sure enough snapfish e-mailed me saying that my order was being shipped. The conversation pretty much went like this:

Nikki: Hey Matt, I just got an e-mail from snapfish saying that my order has been shipped, but we never ordered anything? They better not be billing us for something we didn't even order!

Matt: Huh, I don't know.

Nikki: You don't think you mom went on and ordered some pictures do you?

Matt: Maybe. I am not sure.

Nikki: That's weird...I was on the phone with Meghan and continued talking about how that was really weird if his mom did in fact go on and order something from our account without telling us. I left the room and didn't think much else of it at the time. A few minutes later...

Matt: Nikki can you get off the phone? I need to talk to you.

Nikki: Whats the matter? (Meghan, let me call you back)

Matt: I told you not to check your e-mail. Now you ruined your gift that I spent a lot of time on.

And so it happened yet again. I ruined his big idea. I have a sneaking feeling that it will only get worse now that we are married and live together. I really don't even have to try. I am very patient about waiting to find out what my gifts are, but for whatever reason something always goes terribly wrong and I find myself apologizing over and over again for something I didn't mean to do :( Anyway, I loved my gifts this year. These are all things that I have wanted for a while so I thought it was really sweet that he kept a mental note of all of them. He also spent a lot of time putting the book together...even if I did find out about it beforehand.

Notice that he spelled birthday wrong hence the title of this post. I thought it was funny and so did Ben!

One of my students brought me in a present which I thought was too sweet. He got me animal crackers and teddy grahams. A few days earlier he told me he was going to bring me some cookies so that is exactly what he did. You generally don't get presents in high school. I just have some really sweet students. I also got a special delivery from my friend Janine. Aren't they so pretty? I am such a sucker for flowers.
My mom got me some candles that don't actually use fire. They have a flickering light bulb inside so you get the appearance of a burning candle without the melted waxy mess and the smoke that goes into your air vents. I put them in Jack's bathroom (our cat) because that is where his litter box is. My mom thought they were the coolest thing so she bought a million of them and I got some. She also gave me cash which is always my favorite gift. That is pretty much what I got from everyone else. Matt and I are saving for our trip to Maryland in October so this will help us out a lot. Since my birthday was on a Wednesday I didn't really want to go out. Instead we went out this weekend to Claim Jumpers which is one of my favorite restaurants. They have a barbecue chicken sandwich that I love! We went with Meghan and James. Meghan got me a gift card to World Market, my favorite store in the whole world! I cant wait to go spend it :0) I completely forgot to take a picture at dinner which sucks, but of well.

Overall I had a very nice birthday. Thank you everyone for spoiling me so much!

1 comment:

Ben said...

No no no, Matt got sloppy. He should not have ordered anything using an email you both use. It's not your fault. I tried telling him to clean his game up, but he's overconfident. Knock him down a peg or two.