Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Turkey Day! (Crooke side)

After going to the Smith side festivities we headed over to my side of the family for dinner number 2. It was nice and small this year (the group not the meal. My mom never ceases to cook way more than we can eat). It was just immediate family, but that has never stopped us from being the loud group that we are. My sisters and I got into a very distracted game of Yahtzee. We never actually finished. And we did the whole name drawing thing. I think it's funny because every year my mom says, "No one tell who you picked." Within 10 minutes everyone knows who picked them. Matt and I got easy picks this year, my two sisters who are incredibly easy to shop for. I say this because there is a certain member of my family (I will not say any names) who is near impossible to buy presents for. You know the episode of Friends where they pick on Rachel for returning every gift...yeah, that's this person. And, my mom and Scott picked Matt and I which is good because that means my brother didn't. It has been a running joke that no one wants my brother to pick them because we can expect to get a hug for Christmas... We had a nice time visiting. In keeping with tradition Matt, Scott and Johnny go into the other room and watch football and the girls hang out in the kitchen (though none of us actually do the cooking. We let Scott take care of that). Here are some pictures from the day.

The family picture that I worked very hard to get (no one wanted to take it)



Austin was doing a little dance on the bar to entertain his "audience."

My sisters


Brother and Sister

Courtney and Austin

Austin getting into trouble

Scott working on the turkey

Surprise! I got a tattoo. What do you think?

1 comment: