Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Some Much Needed Venting...

Just a fair warning to my 3 blog readers: This post is a bunch of mumbo jumbo about teaching certification stuff that may not interest you in anyway, but it's my blog so I am going to write about it anyway. There will, however, be a nice little picture of our Christmas decorations at the bottom though so just fast forward through the complaining section of this post.

Ok so this little debacle of events goes all the way back to November 8th. I e-mailed my college supervisor, we'll call her "Mary," and asked her to set up our final observation (the one where I had to use technology). I waited about a week and a half and there was no response. I e-mailed her again, no response (and this one was on another e-mail address). I e-mailed her a third time another week or so later only to receive NO RESPONSE!! My intern certificate expires on 12/18 so naturally I was pretty stressed because here I am quickly running out of time (At this point it is now the end of November). I decided to pull out the big guns and go to the lady in charge of this whole "intern teacher thing" aka "Mary's" superior. I politely asked her to have "Mary" e-mail me while informing her that I had tried to contact "Mary" three times before. Another 5-7 days pass before I finally get an e-mail from "Mary." At no point in her e-mail does she address the fact that I had tried to contact her 427 times. She sets up her observation for a Monday morning (convenient huh?). I am sitting in my classroom. I'm all ready to go...my little power point review game all set up, lesson plan written and neatly placed on the center of my spotless desk with "Mary's" name on it. The phone rings. It is Stacy (the receptionist at the front desk) telling me that "Mary" has called. She is fine, but she has been in a car accident and will not be able to attend. I was torn between utter frustration and a tiny bit of sympathy. I could only guess how long it would be before she decided to grace me with another e-mail. Meanwhile, time was ticking away. I got an e-mail from her that Wednesday to set up the observation for the next day. Thursday comes. She arrives on time and I do my lesson as planned (we played a math related version of "Holiday Squares"). We have our little debriefing where she says the same useless crap she always says. She tells me that I need to get a final evaluation from my administrator, however, in typical "Mary" fashion she forgets to bring the form. Though I should point out that she never comes out an says this. Instead she acts as if this was how it was supposed to happen. Anyway, lucky for her useless self I had previously made some copies and had some on hand. Is it just me or should I be getting some of her salary since I have been doing her job for a month? I get the form back from my administrator today and race it up to the outgoing mail as fast as I could. Then, I spent my entire lunch today and a little after school calling anyone who would tell me exactly what I needed to send to Az. Department of Ed. (a whole other can of worms in itself) since my trusty college supervisor offered me no information. Come to find out I am going to have to drive all the way out to Tempe now after working a full day tomorrow to pick up my "institutional recommend" (fancy lingo for a letter saying I took all of my classes) simply because "Mary" has put me in such a time crunch and there is not enough time to mail it. I am so frustrated!!! I have dotted every "i" crossed every "t" and I am still running around like a chicken with my head cut off at the final hour...and none of this is my fault!!! If I didn't love my job, I would definitely be rethinking my career path right about now.

So that is enough of my complaining. I am going to focus on something a little more positive now such as Christmas. This is hands down my favorite holiday! I am totally ready, we have done almost all of our Christmas shopping (and we did it online so we avoided being trampled by hedonistic holiday shoppers!) Our lights and tree are up (they actually have been for a couple weeks now, but I am just getting around to mentioning it now) and the weather is getting just about right :) Bring it on Santa! I am really excited because my winter break starts the 20th this year. I get 5 whole days before Christmas to cook, bake, wrap presents, do last minute errands, you name it! Despite my previous ranting, I seriously love my job (and not just because I get time off)! Here is the casa all dressed up for the holidays.



She cleans up well (I think anyway). Well, I should probably go watch the Suns' game with my husband. From the sound of his yelling in the other room I would imagine they are off to a pretty good start! (It's about time!!!) Go Suns :)

No comments: