Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Socialite City!

Matt and I have had quite a busy weekend. The festivities started on Friday shortly after we got home from work. Some friends from work were having a "happy hour" and Matt and I were invited so we stopped in for a little while. The boys pretty much just went out on the patio and watched the Suns' game (which we won by 1 point :) and the girls stayed in the kitchen and talked about typical "girly" things. With that said, we had a really fun time with this group. Unfortunately I completely forgot to get any pictures :(
After this little "pit stop" we were off to the next event...The Tempe Improv to see Alonzo Boden with my parents. SO MUCH FUN!! I laughed until I cried. I was only able to get one picture from the night because a certain group of people would not cooperate with my over-enthusiasm to take pictures (I guess they do not have the blogger mentality in life that makes you think everything is a blogging opportunity and thus requires a picture). So here I am with my good friend Alonzo (totally kidding...were not actually friends, but he was the only one willing to take a picture).
Anyway, we had such a good time. I highly recommend this comedian. We have seen him 3 times now and each time he has a had a different act and each time has been equally funny as the one before it. He is not crude at all. His act consists of jokes that make you say, "that is so true!" (Always my favorite kind of humor). We didn't get home until after midnight which for anyone who knows us knows that this is WAY past our (my) bed time!
The next night we were out on the town again. My friend Char and her husband Mr. Fujino (my old math teacher and now colleague) had a party at their house. Again, I am a loser and forgot to get a single picture :( It was a another fun evening! They made a very nice dinner, Matt was able to catch up with his old basketball coach (Loutz), and I got to play with Jack (Char and Mr. Fujino's son) who is absolutely adorable! The evening consisted mostly of chatting, eating, and a heated game of Uno (It was not actually heated. I am going for the dramatic effect).
Overall we had a fun, eventful weekend, but I am not going to lie it is now 5:30 p.m. on Sunday and I have yet to muster up the energy to shower (Don't judge me). We must be getting old...Until next weekend when we have another 2 parties planned...Man, being popular is hard work :)

No comments: