Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Turkey Day! (Smith side)

Our second annual Thanksgiving has come and gone. I think I am finally getting the whole multiple houses thing down. We started the morning at the Smith side. There were quite a few people there so that was fun. As usual, they made the traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year. I'm weird and not a fan of Thanksgiving food so I brought some non-traditional meals to add to the mix (and so I would have something to eat...being a picky eater is a chore. Let me tell you). I will post my recipes separately.

This is almost everyone at the dinner table. Matt's parents set up a nice little table on the patio. It was such a pretty day out that it was nice to eat outside.


I caught Mike giving Katie a little sample of Turkey. She approved.


Then, I caught Granny Barbara feeding Katie from the table. Granny has made it her personal mission to make Katie like her. She thought a little human food would do the job, but Katie being the snob that she is simply took the food and ran away. I've tried explaining to Granny that it is not personal. Katie has a very select list of people she will let pet her and she just doesn't know her well enough yet. I swear, dogs these days :)

Granny finally wore her down.

This is Matt's cousin's son (they are second cousin's I think?). Is he not the cutest thing you have ever seen?

We hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

brenda said...

ahh i love these pictures! it's so cute how (Grannie) Barbara wants Katie to like her....And seriously wasn't Jack, Becky's son, so cute?!

love how one of the pics i am in i am holding my camera (hehe!)

ah that was a great day--- i kinda wish everyday could be like--just family and hanging out and eating!:)