Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Announcing...My Little Roommate!!!

Warning: This post shares somewhat personal details for journaling purposes that may not be of interest to some...

I have a confession...In my post about getting blood work done I was not entirely honest about a few things. While I told people that my doctor was making me get blood work because she had to test some things; I happened to leave out that the reason for for the test was because I had missed 2 periods. I know what you may be thinking, "Hello stupid, you're pregnant." Believe me I had taken this into consideration, but after 2 negative tests I pretty much ruled out the idea. So, I scheduled an appointment with the girly doctor. I told her what had been going on so "just for kicks" she too took a pregnancy test. Again, negative. At this point I am thinking something is wrong. This is where the blood work comes into play. Anyone who has experienced my fear of shots knows that I would NEVER go get blood work done just because the doctor says so. I need there to be a potential problem or it's a no go.
Fast forward a couple of weeks. I had still not heard anything back from my test results and was starting to get nervous. Eventually (on Feb. 25th to be exact) Matt says call the doctors office again. As luck would have it I was able to reach the head doctor of the practice. She says she will track down my results and have someone call me back very shortly. Soon after, I get a call from a lady at the office. She tells me that the results from my "girly" test were all normal. Feeling relieved, I ask her about the blood results. She says she is going to have the doctor look them over and places me on hold. I really had no idea what to expect, but I was in no way prepared for what she was about to say. She comes back on the line and says, "Well, it looks like you are pregnant." At a complete loss for intelligent thought I reply, "WHAT?" Let me interject with a little background information. I went off my pill approximately 10 months ago. After nothing was happening for this long, I was starting to worry that we would be one of those couples who would have difficulties getting pregnant or even worse one of those couples who could not get pregnant at all. This is my frame of mind which may explain as to why I was in complete shock! The poor woman on the other end probably thought she had just dropped an atomic bomb on me after my reaction. I explained to her that this was good news, but I was just as such a loss. I mean, 3 negative pregnancy tests? It was just not adding up. I had her verify that the test was mine (several times). She proceeded to tell me that I should be somewhere around 6-7 weeks. I do not remember much else from this conversation, but I am pretty sure that NOTHING I said made any sense at all. Eventually Matt came out front (I don't always get service in my house...stupid Queen Creek) to see what was going on I looked and him and just smiled. I will never forget his face when he looked at me and said, "You're pregnant?" I got off the phone with the woman and gave Matt a big hug. Then, I paced around the house several times rambling off more nonsensical thought. We immediately called our 2 best friends who had known about everything along the way. Naturally, they were very excited for us. Then I decided that I needed to see it for myself so I went to take another home pregnancy test. Finally, this one came out positive. Matt wasted no time at all. He ran and got in the shower because he wanted to go tell our families right away. We had decided before all of this that we wanted to wait until I was about 2 months to tell our families and I was pretty much there so he decided that there was no sense in waiting. We swore them all to secrecy for the time being, but they are ecstatic! It was so much fun telling our parents and siblings. My mom was over the moon elated and Matt's mom has already started giving me books about being pregnant. She has wanted to be a grandma pretty much since we got married. We will have our first appointment on Monday where I get my giant list of things I can't have. I am really excited for that (not so much) Let's hope all goes well!

No comments: