Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

They're Back!!!

A lot has happened lately in Sun's news. It all started last week when they fired Terry Porter (the Sun's head coach). I would say that I am a pretty loyal Sun's fan, but to be honest I had lost interest almost completely this season. Simply put, I was BORED! I missed the run and gun style the Sun's have become so famous for. To be completely honest at this point I would would rather watch the Sun's have fun playing basketball than win a championship.
Our very first game without Porter we won with 140 points! In a regular 4 quarter game too! Then, as if that was not enough we won the next night with 142 points! Pretty unbelievable. It was like they were free again...finally :) Now, to be fair they were playing one of the worst teams in the league, but honestly, this is a team that could have easily beaten us before with the way we were playing. Perhaps my favorite moment of Wednesday's game was this:Shaq actually ran the ball the entire length of the court! Steve Nash even tried to take the ball and Shaq just kept on truckin'. It wasn't pretty but he made it. He made the pass to Nash and Nash finished the play with a lay-up. The best part was the reaction of their teammates. I love this! I have not seen the Sun's have this much fun since the Dantoni era. I am really exciteed to see what Alvin Gentry (our new coah) is going to do with this team. Go Suns! Welcome Back :)

On a side note though, we did find out today that Amare is going to be out for the rest of the season. While this may be a major blow, I have confidence that we can pull something out this season (even if it is not a championship. I have pretty much just accepted that at this point). I cant wait to see this team play Boston! I hope we can maintain our little streak :)

No comments: