Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Strawberry Pie Recipe

I got this recipe from my grandma years ago. I am not much of a pie fan, but this one is awesome.

1 recipe=1pie filling
1 C water
1C sugar
1/4 C Strawberry Jell-O Powder
2 T cornstarch

Directions:
In a saucepan heat the above ingredients to a boil stirring very frequently. Once it reaches a boil let it go for another minute or 2 until it reaches the consistency of a thin syrup. Let cool.
Prepare and bake pie shells (I use the store bought ones that you can just roll out)
Slice strawberries and fill pie crust
Once the filling has cooled pour over the strawberries. It will most likely go under the crust. I have yet to figure out how to keep this from happening.
Refrigerate over night.

Here is the finished product:

(I doubled the recipe) ENJOY!

1 comment:

The Holmes' said...

Aww thank you so much:) I am about 22 weeks now! I can't believe how fast it is going by! Granted, we didn't really find out until I was already 3 months! But it's so exciting! How are you guys? Any baby talk yet?