Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good news, Good news and more Good news!

I guess the saying is true. Good things really do come in threes! Well, the first good thing is I just found out one of my oldest friends (as in I knew her since 2nd grade, not as in she is 80 years old) found out today that she is having a boy today. She is due in May which is perfect timing because I will be starting summer break. I really hope I can fly out there to meet this little man. Anyway, I am incredibly excited for her. While this may not have been exactly planned there is no one I know who loves kids more than Lindsay does. She is going to make an excellent mother!
This is Lindsay when she came out here for our wedding. (She was one of my bridesmaids). The guy in the photo is her brother Jason...such a nice guy! (though I wouldn't have said the same thing when Lindsay and I were kids;)

The second piece of good news is that I got this bad boy today:

We have had the crappiest washer since we got married and I finally wore Matt down and he let me get a new one! Now I realize that I sound like a total 1950's house wife, but isn't it so pretty? We just got it today and I have already done 3 loads of laundry. This is partly because I refused to wash anything when I was waiting for it to be delivered and we had quite a back up, but also because I am so excited about my new toy. Anyway... I LOVE it! When a load is finished it plays a nice little tune that I just get such a kick out of (It's the simple things I'll tell ya). We plan to get the matching dryer eventually, but for now I am just so happy to have the washer. Some members in our house, however, aren't so sure of the new intruder...

Katie seems to think its going to suck her in or something. This is her all the way down the hall from the laundry room. Such a spaz!

The last piece of good news is that we finally found a home for Jack (our cat). He has been living at his new home on a trial basis for about 2 and a half weeks now and while he is having some difficulties adjusting it looks like this should be a permanent placement. It was definitely weird not having him and I wont lie there were a few tears shed when I finally drove off without him, but I am completely confident that his new owner will take really good care of him. I am so grateful that she was willing to take him and continues to work with him to make him comfortable in her home. The hours and hours that were spent stressing over not being able to find him a home and not wanting to take him back to the shelter are seemingly over.

Here he is on the first day we got him.

Napping on the couch

Watching TV with Matt (when they still liked each other)

Just being a cat

This is not necessarily good news, but it is a funny story so I thought I would share. Ben came over this weekend to hang out. We decided to go to dinner at Cravings (a Mexican restaurant down the street from us) and Ben decided to pay with a million dollar bill that he has had in his wallet probably since I've known him. He brings it out from time to time it never ceases to make me laugh. This time was no different. He strategically placed the bill in the folder so that the tip is poking out. The waitress comes to the table and Ben politely asks for change (with a completely serious face). The waitress leaves to get our "change" and it seems like she is taking FOREVER. Finally she comes back the the table and told us that it made her day and then asked us (very nicely) to please pay with real money. She was a really good sport about it. I found it to be pretty comical. Here is Ben with his million...I guess being an art director for Flashbang Studios pays pretty well (that was a total plug for you Ben!)

This picture I had forgot Matt had taken. We had the vacuum out in the hall and it totally freaked Katie out. She felt safe on my lap apparently. Typical Katie!

No comments: