Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birtday Mr. Austin!!

My sweet little nephew turned 4 last week (1/22). I cannot believe that he is already 4 years old! The little monster had a Spiderman themed birthday party at a neighborhood park. He had a blast! Happy birthday buddy:0)
Precious!! This is what Matt and I got him...I think he liked it :)

Waiting very patiently to blow out his candles.

Dig in!

We also spent last weekend finding a home for this little guy.His name is Oscar. He's a little "homely" looking, but he has a ton of personality. My mom had a friend from work who needed to give him up and Matt's parent's decided that they were ready for a new dog. (Their old dog passed away in April and we took Katie with us when we got married so they have been dogless for a while). I am so happy they were able to give him a home. Oscar is loving life right now. I have never seen a dog get so comfortable so quickly. He didn't skip a beat making himself at home :)

One more thing: I won teacher of the month for January which was pretty cool. I have some very sweet students who nominated me. I am pretty sure they nominated me because I handed out the sheets in my class (in my defense I told them I did not want a nomination, but some of them did it anyway). Either way, I got the royal treatment. Look at all this stuff I got:
Pretty ridiculous huh? There are gift cards/free items to about 10 different places. I am very grateful for my students this year (most of them ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ratulations on being teacher of the year!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I don't know where the "Cong" went...