Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lakeside!!!

Last weekend was a 3-day weekend so we decided to go up to Lakeside. There were 6 of us who went (my 2 sisters, Danielle and Courtney, Matt's brother Jay, his best friend Ben and Matt and myself). We had an AWESOME time! I was a little bummed there wasn't more snow on the ground, but it all worked out. At least we didn't have to drive in it! The weekend pretty much consisted of constant laughing, staying up late, some heated games of Taboo (if I remember correctly, the girls won both times), and watching the Cardinal's game. This may have to become a yearly ordeal...(the trip, not the Cardinals...let's be honest).

This is our little cabin. Cute huh?

This was the view. I loved this!

First night at a restaurant called El Mateo's. Matt really liked the name ;0)

Danielle and Courtney getting the fire started...it burned out 5 minutes after taking this picture. We would never survive in the wild.

Playing a little pool in the rec hall. I don't think Danielle and I followed any of the rules.

Story time...I'm pretty sure it was a dirty romance novel.

The boys getting warmed up for a marathon game of ping pong.

All of us at a local bar for lunch. The people there were so nice! Ben thought this would be the perfect time to drink some of his milk (literally he was drinking milk!)

The girls...2 time Taboo champions!

The boys

This is Ben the entire last 2 minutes of the Cardinals game! I couldn't help but take a picture. He was just too nervous ;)

Making s'mores. (We ended up buying a fire log at the store. Apparently the coffee filters, paper towels, pine needles and kindling were not enough to get the fire started the night before so we resorted to technology).

Just us.

We had such a good time on this trip. I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: