Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

My Projects!

As previously mentioned now that school is finished I plan to become more crafty. Being a teacher I get 2 full weeks off for Christmas so I took full advantage of my homeworkless vacation. The first couple of days were spent entirely in the kitchen cooking all kinds of goodies to bring to Christmas and Christmas eve. I made a strawberry cheesecake, peanut butter pie (as per request from the Woffords), 2 kinds of cookies, and macaroni and cheese. Needless to say I was a pretty busy lady. After Christmas I had to make a trip out to find any good Christmas clearance. I came across some stuff to make wreaths so I threw these little guys together.

I actually made 2, but was only able to hang one of them up because of the screen on the window. I thought they looked pretty good for a first timer.

My next project for the break was to paint and put up wainscoting in the bathroom.

Well I got the painting done, but I am not entirely sure that I like it. You cant tell in this picture, but the color turned out a little more yellow than I thought it would. I may end up changing it but I plan to sit on it for a while to see if it grows on me. Anyway, the wainscoting still needs to be painted, but the hard part is done; it's put up. As much as I would love to say I completely did this on my own (the wainscoting that is) my step-dad completely helped me out. And when I say helped me out I actually mean did the whole thing while I followed him around pretending I was helping. So much for being handy...Anyway I love the wainscoting. I think it really adds to the bathroom. Thanks so much Scott!

This is completely random, but I wanted to post it. We bought a Ficus tree not too long ago and it is still a baby. Since there have been freeze warnings this past week or so we have started covering up the tree at night. Does it not look totally like a little demonic creature creeping around like E.T. in our back yard? Matt and I were a little scared. I'm not going to lie.

Well my break is almost over and I can honestly say that I did not get bored even one time. In fact, I feel like it went by a little too fast this year! I literally kept busy the entire time with cooking, shopping, babysitting, doing projects around the house, going to weddings, visiting friends and family, being sick in bed, and just hanging out with Matt.

I cannot say it enough...I LOVE LIFE WITHOUT HOMEWORK!!!

2 comments:

brenda said...

i love the wainscotting. i have been really wanting to do painting and home projects---i finally painted the bathroom and becky painted the hall. just white paint, but i like how it makes it look cleaner....

that covered ficus tree is scarey! i wouldn't turn my back on it if i were you!! haha!

Nikki, your macaroni was sooo good, ah i wish i could have some more right now!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the wreath! So cute! I like your bathroom too. I put wainscotting up in ours and I like it!